Thursday 26 February 2015

Afternoon all,

Hoping you are all well...

So here are my latest items, the first of which was a teaser in the last post:


It's so cute! Sorry, I should tell you what it is. It is a Freehand Machine Embroidery Lavender Bag. :) It measures a tiny 2 1/2" across at the base and is about the same in height. I made this out of cream calico, decorated the front using my favourite technique (backed with interfacing), made a channel for the ribbon, packed it with some beautifully aromatic lavender heads all the way from Provence and tied it up in bow. My workshop smelt devine...





I made four of these in this design and have many more lined up. They are small enough to fit anywhere, but boy, do they pack a punch! And the best thing about these is that if the lavender aroma starts to fade, they just need a squeeze to crush some of the lavender heads and the aroma is released again. Lovely. What do you think?

Next up:


My small Reversible Denim, Blue & White Canvas Bag complete with Removable Rose. This is a slight change to one I made a while ago which, although reversible was made with a plain white canvas as well as the blue and white mix you see above.

I really like this bag as it is small enough to not get in the way and yet big enough to get in all your essentials. It can be used as a day bag or as a sewing bag, a toiletries bag or whatever bag you like! I made a red flower for it as it adds a great pop of colour and as it is removable it can then be placed on the outside, when the bag is turned inside out. (Or is that outside in?)





I really like working with these materials and have interfaced the blue and white not only for stability, but also for durability and quality of the finish. Plus, with having a flat bottom, it stands up by itself. Ta-dah! What do you think?


Well that's all for now, thanks for reading, please leave a comment below or Like me over on Facebook.

Julie.
(C) FMN Crafts 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment