Saturday 7 February 2015

Afternoon all, I hope your Saturday is going well so far,

I would like to show you the fruits of this week's work:


These are my new Freehand Machine Embroidery Greetings Cards.

I have made a batch of six designs and of course, I love them all! This is the Thank You card:


This has been sewn onto cream card which has been sewn onto cream card (!) in two seperate sections to give definition. I simply love the willow pattern style material and I only had a tiny piece left, which works well as a jug.

This is the Birthday Cake one:

 

I love the way this turned out, it is sewn onto pink cotton which is sewn onto the card. All these cards have materials that have been interfaced to give stability and durability and adds to the quality. Writing using Freehand Machine Embroidery is fun! It takes a lot of practice and a couple of steady hands but it looks great when done. Even when you get the wobbles, it still looks great!

Here is the giant Cupcake Card:

 

YUM! I simply love using these materials and adding spots to florals - I don't think it'll ever get old... This one has been sewn onto a cream calico background before sewing to the card. Have you ever sewn onto card using your sewing machine? It's a great feeling - it goes 'duff duff duff' and it's so cool! Ahem, moving on...

Here is the Birthday Bunting card:

 

You can't go wrong with a bit of bunting - on most craft projects - and cards are no exception. This is really cute, if I do say so myself...it evokes feelings of party and celebration.

Next up, two designs made on linen (which I also love to work with), first the Hearts:

 

These two linen cards are plain, in that there are no specific occassions labelled so can be used for many things. I love the way these are more about the textures than the others and are inviting to touch; very tactile. Here is the second one named Bird:

 

It's really nice to work with neutral colours i.e. browns and creams and I always see these materials as 'quality classics'. This card has a button sun and sewn in grass sections too.

And this is what the inside of most of the cards look like:


Sew So nothing evasive or getting in the way, just lots of space for you to write your greeting without taking away the attention of your words.

I will be taking them to a fair I have in a few days time and if I have any left after that, I will put them in my Etsy Store.

What do you think? Do you like them? Please leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think. Thanls for reading,

Julie.
(C) FMN Crafts 2015

2 comments:

  1. I tacky like these! Great work :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I really like these! Damn auto correct!! :-S

    ReplyDelete