Saturday 3 November 2012

Large Wash Bag & Possible Tutorial

Wow, this one took some making - for yet another neighbour. She had asked me to make a large wash bag, in oilcloth and I had never worked with that material before (too scary) and so I bit the bullet and had a go. And I bit a few more bullets too, in fact, I could have used them. For real. Why is it so hard to make a seemingly easily rectangle bag?

Anyway, this is the result...
After much experimentation, waste bin useage and a few holey fingers later, I made this large, as in 14" x 8" x 5 1/2" wash bag, that has a pink rose print on the outside, similar to Cath Kidston's Provence Rose and white oilcloth inside, to make it easy to wipe out the spilt shampoo, you know how it is. Inside I made 9 pockets of various sizes to hold all her goods. I sure hope she likes it!

It went from this:
To this:

To this:
To this:
To this:
To this:

And so on.....looks easy, right? I was going to make it oilcloth inside and out but I was having no luck - plus I couldn't find a fine floral print oilcloth, so I settled for this. It was tricky working with the two materials, but I enjoyed it! I love a challenge...

I took loads of (other) photos as I was going along and I hope to turn it into a tutorial, perhaps you could let me know if you would like that? Or perhaps you would like to just make a comment on what you see today...?

Hope you are having a lovely weekend, whatever you are doing. Bye for now... Julie. x
© FMN Crafts 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment