Friday 21 February 2014

Bakewell and Last New Product of the Week

Evening all,

Phew, busy week. How's yours been?

Tomorrow (Saturday 22nd February) I have my next Craft Fair of the year at Bakewell Town Hall, Derbyshire which is open from 10am - 4.30pm. I have been busy making things and now the car is loaded, my sandwiches are made and I'm just off to titivate! Too much information? I think so.

The fair at Bakewell is always a lovely one and Dawn from Craftswise, who is the fabulous organiser, gets lots of people through the door, so I am going with high expectations. The other stall holders are lovely too and I am looking forward to catching up.

If you fancy some quality hand made products, and you would like a day out in the beautiful Peak District, please come along. There promises to be some great stalls so bring some cash! Events in our calendar coming up include Mother's Day and Easter... 

Speaking of Mother's Day I am currently working on some gift sets for the wonderful Mum's in our worlds and have just finished making these:


They are Roll-up Reversible Shopping Bags with Matching Coin Purses.

I made some roll up bags a while ago and once they sold, I didn't make any more as I ran out of the material, but when I saw my plan a few days ago I thought I would make some in some fresh, Spring like materials. These bags roll up quite small and are anchored with an elastic, so they can be thrown into a larger handbag, along with the matching purse, ready to go shopping! The inside (or outside!) is in a beautiful complimentary floral and bow material, the inside of the purse matches, there is a button each side of the bag for the loop to catch onto during use, the straps are 25 inches long, they can be turned for displaying either pattern of material when in use and each set comes with a little instruction card of how to roll it up. Nice :)


The purse and it's complimentary interior

The beautiful interior or exterior!

Strong yet lightweight straps

Beautiful cotton materials

Button details for closures and elastic for roll-up

I have decided not to put them in my Etsy Store until after tomorrow's fair, so that I have the chance to sell them there. If they don't, check my store soon and you'll see them there! 


The 'How To' of rolling up!


 
Wrapped and ready to go...

Well that's all for now, have a great weekend and thanks for reading.

Julie.

(C) FMN Crafts 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment