Wednesday 8 April 2015

Post Fair News and New Makes

Hi all,

It's been a busy time of late what with preparations for the four days Craft, Gift and Food Fair at Bakewell, then the fair itself and then the full on action with designing and making afterwards...

However, I would MUCH rather be busy than sitting around, and so onto the fruits of my labour.

The weekend was a fun one, there were lots and lots of people through the doors and there was a constant buzz in the atmosphere. Many people were on holiday and then there were the day trippers; on Monday it was really busy throughout Bakewell as it's market day too. I had quite a few sales, a couple of orders and some lovely comments on my items so it was a happy four days and I am looking forward to the next event. 

And so on to that, here is the first thing to show you:


These are some really cute little Red and White Coin Purses, capable of holding change, notes and around 6 cards, just perfect for dropping in your bag, leaving as emergency in the car, giving as gifts or even for children to use.

As you can see they are made using beautiful red and white cotton materials in flowers, checks and paisley designs, they are all adorned with pretty red bows, have white cotton interiors and have white zips to close. They are sure to make you smile and although only around 4.25 inches wide, they are big enough to pack a punch!

Check Purse Front

Flowers Purse Back

Paisley Purse Ready for Action

Next to show you, some more of my favourites:


These Freehand Machine Embroidery Birds Purses are one of my best sellers right now! I almost sold out at the weekend and so have made these three so far to start re-stocking. Customers said they liked the colours and the technique and agreed that the bright interior will make them feel happy when diving into the purse. One lady bought two as gifts for her daughters as 'from my holiday' gifts, which I felt really honoured about.

As I mentioned in a previous post, these are really roomy and as I have one (yes, I couldn't resist it) I am able to hold loads of card, notes and coins as well as lip balm, shop vouchers and even a couple of tissues! Just ask my Mum, she knows how much rubbish I carry around with me... So, they are strong, durable and pretty at the same time. :)

And finally for today, I want to show you this:


A VW Beetle made using Freehand Machine Embroidery. If you are an avid follower of my Blog, you will know that I made one of these last week in green colours, and when I put pictures on my Facebook page, my step-daughter said she wanted one straight away! She used to have a real one in baby blue, it was gorgeous and so I can only guess that's why she wanted a blue VW cushion and here it is... It's 12" square and will fit perfectly in several areas of her home. I hope she likes it, she hasn't seen it yet!

That's all for today folks, please pass this on, leave a comment below or head over to Facebook to give me a Like.

Thanks for reading,
Julie.

(C) FMN Crafts 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment